I look forward to the Wednesday Night Jam, a ‘unofficial bicycle’ race – which consists of many guys in Cat 1/2, and lots of guys with good fitness from Cat 3 to 5. I begin
Fall In Love with Calgary: 5 Reasons Why
Dated: August 27 2021
The thing about Calgary is that once people come here for a short visit – they often end up extending their stay.
In fact, many never leave!
As a result, Calgary city continues to have a growing and thriving population. Spend some time here and you tend to get hooked. There are a thousand good reasons to fall in love with this place, and here are my “Top Five” list.
- Calgary young. – According to Statistic Canada’s 2016 census figures, Calgary city remains the most youthful metropolitan area in Canada. Young single professionals and young families continue to motor the city forward and the youthful energy is contagious – even if you are just young at heart.
- Jobs – The oil and gas industries have endured a few rough years, but given the cyclical nature of these fields, the ongoing rebound in the unemployment rate is likely to continue for some time. More importantly, the energy industry is not the only sector of the economy offering employment opportunities in Calgary. The city hosts the home offices of leaders in manufacturing, health care, education, and business services.
- Mountain Vistas with an Urban Vibe – When you put down roots in Calgary, there is no need to choose between the love of nature and longing for an active urban lifestyle. In Calgary, we have it all. Towering ski slopes and some of the world’s most beautiful mountain lakes are only an hour away from world-class dining and international entertainment. In the midst of an urban setting, we can boast of over 800 hectares of parks and nature preserves and the largest network of walking/biking trails in North America. In winter, many of the pathways are cleared within 24 hours of snowfall and the locals spend 12 months a year enjoying outdoor life. Calgary offers residents and visitors the best of all worlds.
- Quality of Life – In 2017, the prestigious international magazine, The Economist, chose Calgary as the 5th “Most Livable” city in the world for the fifth year in a row. 140 major cities are graded on topics such as stability, culture, environment, health care, infrastructure, and education and Calgary scored 96.6 out of a possible 100 points. The editors at The Economist are merely articulating what our city residents already know – Calgary is a great place to live, work, play, enjoy nature, and raise a family.
- The People – The people of Calgary are its greatest resource and the city has one of the most diverse populations in Canada. Friendly, generous, hard-working, energetic, creative, and tenacious are just a few of the adjectives that come to mind in describing our people. Calgarians love to have fun. What starts with Stampede in July continues throughout the year. There’s always a music or cultural festival, block party, or get together to keep everyone entertained and support the strong sense of community that permeates our many neighbourhoods.
Wind me up and I could go on all day as to why I love Calgary.
When did you first fall in love with our city and what was it that pulled you in?
Are you looking to Sell or Buy a home in Calgary and need someone who won’t rest until you’ve found your dream home or until your home is sold? I’ll work hard to earn your trust and to deliver exactly what you need. Contact me at 403-465-0210 or at TheHowardTeam.net.
About Bryon Howard
Bryon Howard and his team of Calgary real estate professionals sell an average of two homes a week. He is a member of the MLS Million Point Club, which ranks him roughly in the top 1% of productive realtors in Calgary. His aim is not just to please clients but to help them buy/sell a home in Calgary at the best price, in the shortest time, and with the least hassle. He is a member of the RE/MAX House of Real Estate that leads in the Canadian market. Learn more about Bryon at TheHowardTeam.net.
From a very young age, I had determined that I wanted to be in the eco-tourism / adventure business. I would take small groups of people into communities in interesting parts of the world. I would ass....
Latest Blog Posts
The decision to downsize to a new living arrangement may be one of the best decisions you ever make. The advantages are numerous and you do not have to wait for years to reap the benefits. As a